What Leaders Say About the Course
“Mike Figliuolo has delivered a practical approach that leaders at any level can use to hone their persuasive communication skills and get buy in for ideas. The ability to exude ‘executive presence’ often determines whether or not your career advances. So many people receive ambiguous feedback that they have to improve their ‘executive presence’ but are left to figure out for themselves what that means. A core aspect of true executive presence is the ability to share your thoughts and recommendations in a simple yet persuasive way. The Elegant Pitch provides a proven method for demonstrating this elusive skill. We’ve used these concepts to groom our high potential leaders at Cardinal Health and received great feedback on the techniques. Mike’s Structured Thought & Communications training improved their confidence, strengthened their executive presence, and enabled them to deliver a strong message with impact. I highly recommend this book.”
– Lisa George, formerly Vice President, Global Talent Management, Cardinal Health; now serving as Vice President, International Talent, Walmart
The Structured Thought & Communications Course
Take the Structured Thought & Communications Course!
If you want to get to “yes” efficiently and effectively, this course is exactly what you need. We teach participants how to define and analyze an idea as well as how to successfully communicate and gain support for their initiatives through the application of an efficient and effective analytical method.
Participants learn how to:
- • Create and define a “core idea” they want to get support for
- • Build logic to support that “core idea”
- • Define the analyses required to support that “core idea”
- • Draft and discuss their “story” with key stakeholders
- • Package their “story” in a variety of formats (presentation, memo, email, etc.)
The course consists of instructor-introduced concepts, practical application exercises, and culminates in a case study where participants apply the entire method to a business problem.
The target audience for this course consists of individuals in analytical or persuasive roles at mid- to senior levels of corporations (e.g., analysts, managers, mid-level executives). The value of this course to the participants and to the organization as a whole are:
- • Clearer communications leading to more efficient, effective, and faster decision making
- • More efficient analysis and less re-work which leads to higher productivity
- • Crisper thinking which eliminates low-value work and prevents pursuit of low-value ideas
Please contact us to arrange for this course to be trained at your organization.
If you’d like to purchase a copy of the Structured Thought & Communications Course Participant Guide, click the Buy Now button below. It’s a full color guide that includes the entire method along with exercises, examples, and solutions. It also includes a one page laminated “cheat sheet” that has the whole method on a single page. It’s durable so you can use it in your daily work for years to come. This is the same guide participants in our program receive when we teach the class. Order now. Supplies are limited.
Note: shipping is only to US locations.